Friday, July 18, 2014

iPhone Lenses


If you're a lover of photography, especially of the iPhone kind, then you're gonna flip about these lenses. I had to order a book on Amazon, and I was trying to get enough stuff for free shipping (*note to self: free shipping=slow shipping)  so I obviously had to add this lens kit to my cart. BEST. DECISION. EVER.
 
You have to attach the wide angle lens to the macro lens before putting it on your phone.
The set comes with these magnetic rings with adhesive on the back. This is what the lens is actually going to attach to. They seem to have a strong staying power, but I was still able to slide it off with enough pressure, good to know if I ever want to remove it.
The lenses just snap onto the metal ring. Super easy!
The wide angle lens is great if you want to capture more of a space, but don't have enough room to get everything in frame with the normal camera lens. There is some vignetting but, you can easily crop out the black rim of the lens. The fisheye lens is definitely a lens that you would use for fun! I'm really excited to use this to take pictures of landscapes and buildings. 
The macro lens is really cool, but I most likely won't be getting much use out of it. This lens is great for capturing super close details of things. The only downside is that you have to be less that 2 inches away from whatever you're taking a picture of for it to be in focus. Despite that pesky limitation, you can still get some amazing shots, like this picture I took of my eye. 

Be prepared for an influx of pictures on my instagram and tumblr, I already know that I'll be using these lenses all the time. Seriously y'all, selfy game is gonna be so strong.


2 comments:

  1. Honestly, your blogging skills/dedication to your blog is a huge inspiration to me ((:

    Ashley
    http://not-haute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool and different! I never knew they had these for iphones-- totally adding this to my wishlist now-- thanks for sharing!

    Gem
    [http://gemsbabble.blogspot.com/]

    ReplyDelete